- This event has passed.
Access O365 L3 – SYST-0025
February 9, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$219.00
Course Number: 091047
Course Length: 1 day Course
Description Overview: You’ve covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft® Office Access® 2016, and now you’re ready to learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multi-user access, and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. Today’s training, added to that which you’ve gained from the Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1 and Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 2 courses, rounds out your Access education and provides you with marketable job skills. Does this content need to be added?
Course Objectives: In this course, you will learn to create and manage a fundamental Access 2016 database.
- Customize a form layout to improve usability and efficiency of data entry.
- Share data across applications.
- Use macros to improve user interface design.
- Use VBA to enhance tasks.
- Organize data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- Lock down and prepare a database for distribution to multiple users.
- Create and modify a database switchboard and set the startup options.
Target Student: Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Access 2016 and need to learn advanced skills. Prerequisites: To ensure your success in your course you should have experience working with Microsoft Access 2016, including a working knowledge of database design and creation, form design and creation, report design and creation, a working knowledge of database querying and the various table relationships.
You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 1
- Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Part 2
Course Content Lesson 1: Implementing Advanced Form Design
- Topic A: Add Controls to Forms
- Topic B: Enhance Navigation and Organization of Forms
- Topic C: Apply Conditional Formatting
Lesson 2: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Topic A: Import Data into Access
- Topic B: Export Access Data
- Topic C: Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic D: Create a Mail Merge
Lesson 3: Using Macros to Improve User Interface Design
- Topic A: Create a Macro
- Topic B: Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Topic C: Validate Data Using a Macro
- Topic D: Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Lesson 4: Using VBA
- Topic A: Getting Started with VBA
- Topic B: Enhance Access Using VBA
Lesson 5: Using Advanced Database Management
- Topic A: Manage a Database
- Topic B: Determine Object Dependency
- Topic C: Document a Database
Lesson 6: Distributing and Securing a Database
- Topic A: Splitting a Database for Multiple User Access
- Topic B: Implement Security
- Topic C: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic D: Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Lesson 7: Managing Switchboards
- Topic A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic C: Set Startup Options